Recruiting now - Young Trustees
Location: Meetings are held in Gloucestershire
Vacancy type: Voluntary
Closing date: 4 September.
Interviews: In September
- Do you want to make a real difference to your neighbourhood – and supercharge your CV in a job market made more competitive by the challenges of coronavirus?
- Active Gloucestershire is looking for young trustees to join our friendly, inclusive board. Are you aged between 18 to 25 and living in Gloucestershire? If so, your opinion counts, and we’d like to hear it.
- We welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic people, those with long term health conditions and disabled people.
- We’re a pioneering organisation with a focus on breaking down the barriers that stop us being active. The stakes are high, with physical inactivity now killing more people in the UK than smoking.
- Becoming a young trustee is an incredible opportunity to enable people in your community to lead happier, healthier lives – at the same time as enhancing your own value to employers. It’s a real commitment and a voluntary role, but it’s also something you can do alongside work or study. This year has been a real challenge and, for many of us, plans have been put on hold. We want to help you progress – with flexibility.
- Fully supported, our young trustees will join our approachable, experienced board members to prepare for and attend five meetings a year plus a strategy day. In return, you’ll develop skills in key areas such as marketing, strategy, accounting, legal compliance and public speaking.
- We aim for everyone to enjoy the advantages of physical activity, from making new friends to increased fitness and managing stress and anxiety. We think it’s unfair that some people currently don’t have the opportunity to make the most of these benefits.
- That’s why we’re looking for young trustees from a wide range of backgrounds as part of our commitment to diversify our teams to better represent the people we serve. We want people who aren’t afraid to speak out, but are also willing to learn.
I think we can bring different life experiences to the table and we can also offer a fresh perspective— Ryan, Young Trustee, United Allstars, Camberwell and Peckham.
As a young trustee, you bring diversity to the board— Recce, prospective young trustee.
To hear from some of our trustees, watch this short film.
How to apply
- For full details and to apply, please view our Candidate Pack here.
- Please also complete our equal opportunites monitoring form which you can find here.
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please email Liz Gaffer at Active Gloucestershire with your contact number.
If you would like to hear more from Recce and Ryan on the role of a young trustee, please watch this clip.