Active Gloucestershire is a charity and company limited by guarantee. As such, our board of trustees are also Directors and are responsible for the overall governance and administration of the charity including:
- insuring that Active Gloucestershire operates in accordance with charitable and company law and in line with its governing documents
- upholding the reputation of organisation
- setting the strategic direction for the organisation
- maintaining the financial health and well-being of the organisation including reviewing risk
- scrutinising the performance of the organisation and holding the executive staff to account.
Diversity and equality statement In keeping with the Code for Sports Governance
Active Gloucestershire is committed to achieving gender balance and greater diversity on its board, including, but not limited to, black, Asian, minority ethnic and disabled members.
We recognise and embrace the benefits of diversity and regularly review board membership, taking positive steps to encourage applications from a broad range of suitably qualified candidates that reflect the population of Gloucestershire.