Head of Community Development (interim)
01452 393 605
Active For Life Ambassadors
‘Active For Life’ is a new and innovative project supporting the over 50’s to be more active, every day. The ambassador project is funded by the NHS Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group, and we will be working in partnership with a range of district based organisations, over the next 12 months.
We will be recruiting, training and deploying 60 volunteer Ambassadors across Gloucestershire to act as role models and activators, encouraging a further thousand people to ‘move more’, supporting them to access appropriate and inclusive physical activity. Volunteers are encouraged to commit around 24 hours of their time over a 12 week period.
The aims of the ‘Active For Life’ project are to:
- Increase physical activity levels of older adults across Gloucestershire
- Identify and upskill older adults to act as peer activators, leaders and coaches
- Improve the mental wellbeing and community connections of those involved with the programme
- Enhance the delivery of current provision and support sustainable development for new activity
- Create meaningful links and exit routes into local activities and events for older adults
Each district offers this opportunity and the organisations involved are as follows:
If you, or anyone you know is over the age of 50 and would make a great Ambassador or would like to be more active, please email Sarah Haden.