Head of Education
Gloucestershire physical activity, PE and school sport awards 2018
Active Gloucestershire and the School Games Local Organising Committee want to recognise the excellent work that schools are doing to increase physical activity levels within the county. This will be done through a new set of awards that will be judged by national experts in education and sport.
The 2018 awards will take place on Thursday 13th September 2018 at Cheltenham Town Hall.
A full list of the 2018 awards to be presented on the evening can be found below:
- Level 2 Primary School Participation in the School Games
- Level 2 Secondary School Participation in the School Games
- Level 3 Gloucestershire School Games Achievement Award for Primary Schools
- Level 3 Gloucestershire School Games Achievement Award for Secondary Schools
- The GHLL Exemplary Practice Award for Physical and Mental Wellbeing
- The Hartpury College Award for commitment to school games values
- The LOC Award for Young Volunteer / Leader - Primary*
- The LOC Award for Young Volunteer / Leader - Secondary*
PE and Sport Premium Awards
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity*
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement*
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport*
*please note that these awards are by school nomination only
To nominate a school please complete an application form which is accessible below. The deadline for entries is Friday 8th June 2018.
Applications should be returned to Tom Hall.
Please click here for guidance for nomination submission
Please click here for your PE & Sport Premium nomination form
Please click here for your Volunteering & Leadership nomination form
To view case studies of the 2017 awards nominees please click here